What is '777'?
It's a worldwide on-the-hour prayer chain. God’s people are praying seven days a week at 7:00am and 7:00pm for the Holy Spirit’s presence in our families, leaders, churches, and communities. Praying any hour, on the hour, a person will unite with thousands of others in another time zone around the world, bringing unity. “A chain of earnest praying believers should encircle the world . . . to pray for the Holy Spirit” (Review and Herald, January 3, 1907).
Get the free InPrayer app for iOS/Android to remind you of the prayer times and bring you the daily devotional.
July-September focus: Mission to the Cities
Mission to the Cities is an emphasis of the Seventh-day Adventist Church on sharing Jesus’ love and the hope of His soon return with people in urban settings. It envisions initiatives in more than 650 of the world’s largest cities, starting with New York City in 2013 and running through 2015. Comprehensive outreach activities will be as varied as the character of each city, and will include LifeHope Centers, community events, health seminars, small groups, and reaping campaigns.
- The church members and church leaders working in these cities
- The people yet to be reached with the Gospel
- The world divisions and unions to develop strategies for reaching the large cities in their territories
- The thousands of outreach activities and reaping events currently taking place
- The strongholds of Satan to be broken, and relationships with Christ to be established
- Plans and activities of all thirteen divisions and attached unions (Middle East and North Africa Union) regarding “Mission to the Cities”.
- Integrated focus of all Seventh-day Adventist media activities to provide for massive evangelistic emphasis around the world.
- Full understanding and usage of Comprehensive Health Ministry (“medical missionary work”) allowing all church members to meet people’s needs and follow Christ’s ministry of service to others.
- Deeply spiritual and evangelistic perspective of every church administrator around the world as they point church members to Christ and the unique mission and message of the Seventh-day Adventist church founded on Revelation 12:17, Revelation 14:6-12; and Revelation 18:1-4 which have been entrusted into the hands of God’s end-time church. We must beseech the Lord to help pastors and church members to never lose the prophetic identity of who we are as the Seventh-day Adventist Church—God’s remnant church at the end of time.
- United evangelistic and witnessing activities of every Seventh-day Adventist man, woman, and child around the world empowered by the Holy Spirit’s power as we submit to His leading in our lives. This will keep us active in God’s service combatting apathy and complacency through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in each life. Total engagement and active participation of every church member around the world is a key to the final proclamation of the Loud Cry. As we submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit, this will allow Christ to make us one, thus fulfilling Christ’s prayer of John 17 as we understand our role in this world as a prophetic movement and fact the end of the great controversy leading to Christ’s soon return.
- Theme for 3rd Quarter Sabbath of Prayer and Fasting (July 5, 2014): Mission to the Cities
- Mission to the Cities Selected Cities
- Ten Days of Prayer
- The Challenge
- “Communicate God’s Truth in Love and Illuminate the Earth with God’s Glory” - By Elder Ted Wilson, Oct 30, 2013
Please share Bible promises, praises, and prayer requests
Notice: Other users will be able to see and pray for your prayer requests.
comments powered by Disqus