Revival and Reformation: Important dates
- Daily at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m - Pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit!
- March 11 - July 11, 2015 - For 100 days, church members are encouraged to pray each day for the presence and power of the Holy Spirit to be fully experienced by participants during the General Conference Session, July 2-11, 2015 in San Antonio, TX. Visit 100DaysofPrayer.org
- April 4, 2015 - Sabbath of prayer and fasting
- July 4, 2015 - Sabbath of prayer and fasting
- January 6-16, 2016 - Ten Days of Prayer
The first Sabbath of each quarter is designated as a day of prayer and fasting for the world church. Members should focus their prayers on specific themes during the designated Prayer and Fasting Days, while also remembering to pray for other local and individual needs. Fasting can consist of eating sparingly of the simplest foods, drinking fruit juices, or abstaining from some or all forms of media (TV, radio, internet, phones, etc.). There is no merit in a prolonged fast versus a short fast, or a complete fast versus a partial fast. It’s a personal decision. Fasting helps expose those things that control us, and allows us to spend more time with God. For more ideas, see links below.
Themes for Prayer and Fasting
Mission to the Cities
- Plans and activities of all thirteen divisions and attached unions (Middle East and North Africa Union) regarding “Mission to the Cities”.
- Integrated focus of all Seventh-day Adventist media activities to provide for massive evangelistic emphasis around the world.
- Full understanding and usage of Comprehensive Health Ministry (“medical missionary work”) allowing all church members to meet people’s needs and follow Christ’s ministry of service to others.
- Deeply spiritual and evangelistic perspective of every church administrator around the world as they point church members to Christ and the unique mission and message of the Seventh-day Adventist church founded on Revelation 12:17, Revelation 14:6-12; and Revelation 18:1-4 which have been entrusted into the hands of God’s end-time church. We must beseech the Lord to help pastors and church members to never lose the prophetic identity of who we are as the Seventh-day Adventist Church—God’s remnant church at the end of time.
- United evangelistic and witnessing activities of every Seventh-day Adventist man, woman, and child around the world empowered by the Holy Spirit’s power as we submit to His leading in our lives. This will keep us active in God’s service combatting apathy and complacency through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in each life. Total engagement and active participation of every church member around the world is a key to the final proclamation of the Loud Cry. As we submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit, this will allow Christ to make us one, thus fulfilling Christ’s prayer of John 17 as we understand our role in this world as a prophetic movement and fact the end of the great controversy leading to Christ’s soon return.
- Mission to the Cities Selected Cities
- The Challenge
- “Communicate God’s Truth in Love and Illuminate the Earth with God’s Glory” - By Elder Ted Wilson, Oct 30, 2013