God is Faithful!
“No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” 1 Cor. 10:13
“The enemy dare not go one hairbreadth beyond his appointed sphere. There is no power in the whole satanic force that can disable the soul that trusts, in simple confidence, in the wisdom that comes from God. Christ is our tower of strength, and Satan can have no power over the soul that walks with God in humility of mind. The promise, “Let him take hold of My strength, that he may make peace with Me; and he shall make peace with Me.” In Christ there is perfect and complete help for every tempted soul. Dangers beset every path, but the whole universe of heaven is standing on guard, that none may be tempted above that which he is able to bear.” My Life Today, p. 316
Do you feel like you are dealing with more than you can bear? God promises He won’t give us more than we can bear, so if you feel overwhelmed claim the promise of 1 Cor. 10:13. Claim the promise of Phil. 4:13, and Ps. 61:2. Comfort yourself today in the promises of God’s Word.
Across Europe (and probably many places around the world), young people that haven’t been going to church are getting active in online Bible study groups. We praise the Lord for this increased interest in God and His Word!
Day 20 - Prayer Focus
- Pray that even more of our youth would be interested in learning to study their Bibles. Pray that there would be a great revival among our youth.
- Pray for our youth around the world, who are participating in their own 100 Days of Prayer led out by the General Conference Youth Department and Children Ministries department. Pray that our youth and young people would learn that when we pray God hears and answers prayer.
- Pray for teachers as they struggle to teach classes online. Pray that God would give them wisdom how to utilize technology in a way that is beneficial for all. Pray for wisdom and patience.
- Pray for those that are broken, for those that have recently lost loved ones, and for those struggling in isolation to feel that God is still near.
- Pray for endurance for doctors, nurses, and health professionals that are on the front lines battling the COVID-19 pandemic.
Going Deeper - Additional Reading Suggestions for this week:
• Ellen White, The Great Controversy, “Scriptures as a Safeguard,” chapter 37
• Frank M. Hasel/Michael G. Hasel, How to Interpret Scripture, Companion book to Adult Sabbath School Study Guide for 2nd Quarter
To download the week three blog and prayer requests, click here!
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!