Believing Without Seeing
“Blessed are they that have not seen and yet have believed.” John 20:29
“Faith takes God at His word, with or without feeling. It is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.’ We can believe our fellowmen, and can we not trust the word of God? When we go to Him for wisdom or grace, we are not to look to ourselves to see if He has given us a special feeling as an assurance that He has fulfilled His word. Feeling is no criterion. Great evils have resulted when Christians have followed feeling. How do I know that Jesus hears my prayers?—I know it by His promise. He says He will hear the needy when they cry unto Him, and I believe His word. He has never said to the ‘seed of Jacob, seek ye Me in vain.’ If we walk in the light, we may come to the throne of grace with holy boldness. We may present the promises of God in living faith, and urge our petitions. Although we are weak, and erring, and unworthy, ‘the Spirit helpeth our infirmities.’ … When we have offered our petition once, we must not then abandon it, but say, as did Jacob when he wrestled all night with the angel, ‘I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me,’ and like him we shall prevail.” Bible Echo, September 24, 1894, par. 6
It’s one thing to believe when the miracle is standing in front of you, when you can see it with your own eyes. But what about the times we don’t see the answers, we don’t see the miracles, we don’t see angels, and we don’t see God’s goodness in our life? Will we still faithfully trust God even then, even when we don’t understand? As you ponder these questions, look up Hebrews 11:1, Romans 8:24-25, Mark 9:24, Job 13:15
Praise the Lord that in many places the number of new cases of COVID19 is decreasing.
Day 40 - Prayer Focus
- Pray as nations and economies open up that there will not be renewed dramatic increases in the number of infections.
- Pray for the Chinese ministry in Cebu City and in all of the Philippines and Indonesia for the protection from the coronavirus and for more Chinese people in every country to have more interest in seeking Jesus and the truths of the Bible.
- Pray that the nation of China with 1.4 billion people would become very open to the spread of the gospel.
- Pray that we all would use the extra time we have at home to study deeply in the Bible and teach our children how to study and love God’s Word.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, The Truth About Angels. Click Here to Read
• Cindy Mercer, Pray Big: God Can Do So Much More!
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!