From the Secret Place
“But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.” 2 Cor. 4:7-10
“From the secret place of prayer came the power that shook the world in the Great Reformation. There, with holy calmness, the servants of the Lord set their feet upon the rock of His promises. During the struggle at Augsburg, Luther ‘did not pass a day without devoting three hours at least to prayer, and they were hours selected from those the most favorable to study.’ In the privacy of his chamber he was heard to pour out his soul before God in words ‘full of adoration, fear, and hope, as when one speaks to a friend.’ ‘I know that Thou art our Father and our God,’ he said, ‘and that Thou wilt scatter the persecutors of Thy children; for Thou art Thyself endangered with us. All this matter is Thine, and it is only by Thy constraint that we have put our hands to it. Defend us, then, O Father!’” Great Controversy, p. 210
What do you long for most? What is your deepest heart cry? Perhaps you haven’t thought about this recently. Perhaps you are just trying to survive. Or perhaps you think about it all the time. Take a few moments today to think about where you find your greatest joy and your greatest fulfillment. As you do, reflect on Psalm 27:4, and ask the Lord to give you a heart that truly hungers to be in His presence.
Praise God that Adventist members and churches have been asking God for creative ways to reach their communities around them. And that God is answering these prayers with many creative approaches.
Day 41 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for the elderly and for children – the most vulnerable among us.
- Pray for church members who are learning how to build friendships with Muslim.
- Pray for refugees who have recently relocated to their neighborhoods. Pray for wisdom on how to lead them to the truth.
- Pray for churches worldwide to have the faith to start urban centers of influence in cities near them.
- Pray for the Latter Rain outpouring on the church, that the work can be finished so we can go home.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, The Truth About Angels. Click Here to Read
• Cindy Mercer, Pray Big: God Can Do So Much More!
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!