Committing to Your Spouse/Family
“Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord … Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her … Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right … Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” – Ephesians 5:22, 25; 6:1, 4
“The cause of division and discord in families and in the church is separation from Christ. To come near to Christ is to come near to one another. The secret of true unity in the church and in the family is not diplomacy, not management, not a superhuman effort to overcome difficulties—though there will be much of this to do—but union with Christ.” – The Adventist Home, 179
Your spouse and family are people in your life towards whom you have a solemn duty: To love, support and disciple them into a joyful, loving, relationship with Jesus. Will you today commit to extend the same grace, forgiveness and love that Jesus has shown to you to your spouse and family? Is it your desire to be a spiritual leader for your home? Ask Jesus today for a deeper walk and union with Him so that you can be a better reflection of Him to your spouse and family.
- Prosper O.: “Yes! Irrespective of COVID-19, I will still sing praises to the LORD Most High.”
- Jon W.: “This crisis has given me a renewed desire to have an even closer walk with Christ!”
Day 54 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for your spouse, parents, children, siblings, and extended family. Pray that they will know the Lord Jesus Christ. Pray that you will be the spouse, parents, sibling, and son/daughter that Christ wants you to be.
- Pray for the June 6 ‘Marriage & Family Day of Prayer’ organized by General Conference Family Ministries (family.adventist.org).
- Pray for single people who feel very lonely at this time. Pray for them to see the blessings of singleness as it relates to serving God. Pray that if it is God’s will, that they will find godly spouses.
- Pray for individuals who are struggling with addictions.
- Pray for a member in Trinidad whose daughter was killed two years ago, and whose son was killed this past March. Pray for her to be comforted and also for protection over the rest of her family.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, Steps to Christ, chapter 1 "God's Love for Man" Click Here to Read
• Derek J. Morris, The Radical Prayer
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!