The Matchless Charms of Jesus
Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith. – Philippians 3:8-9
As the student of the Bible beholds the Redeemer, there is awakened in the soul the mysterious power of faith, adoration, and love. Upon the vision of Christ the gaze is fixed, and the beholder grows into the likeness of that which he adores. – Education, 192.
You should search the Bible; for it tells you of Jesus. As you read the Bible, you will see the matchless charms of Jesus. You will fall in love with the Man of Calvary. – LS, 293
Does your heart long to understand the “matchless charms of Jesus” – to know and love Jesus above all? Are you wondering how to have such a relationship with Him? Have courage! Fix your gaze upon Him. Prayerfully study the scenes of His life and death. Realize the profound gift of His sacrifice and the reality that He did this for you, personally. Reflect on the fact that He loves you, and values you even more than His own eternal life. Believe that His forgiveness was provided for you, and His righteousness is enough. Meditate upon these things, and let the matchless charms of Jesus melt your heart today.
● Pray as you study God’s Word that His Spirit would reveal to your heart the matchless charms of Jesus and take us ever deeper into the joy of knowing Jesus personally.
● Pray that God would reveal any idols in your life that might distract you from seeing the beauty of Jesus clearly.
● Pray for God to help share His love with those around you in practical and specific ways.
● Pray that God will bring to the forefront godly, teachable and humble leaders for the future; leaders that will provide Christ-centered leadership as His church fulfills its heaven-born mandate to the world.
● Pray that General Conference session delegates will earnestly pray for God’s will to be accomplished, and then surrender to His will, whatever that is.
Join 24/7 United in Prayer
Join other believers from around the world praying together on Zoom during the 40 Days of Prayer: https://247unitedprayer.org