The Divine Helper
Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. – John 16:7
The Holy Spirit was the highest of all gifts that He could solicit from His Father for the exaltation of His people. The Spirit was to be given as a regenerating agent, and without this the sacrifice of Christ would have been of no avail. . . . Sin could be resisted and overcome only through the mighty agency of the Third Person of the Godhead, . . . It is the Spirit that makes effectual what has been wrought out by the world’s Redeemer. It is by the Spirit that the heart is made pure. Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church. Of the Spirit Jesus said, ‘He shall glorify Me.’ – The Desire of Ages, p. 671
Have you taken time to really contemplate and appreciate the incredible gift of the Holy Spirit? He is part of the Heavenly Trio, the Godhead, and He was sent to you as a gift from Jesus. He speaks, leads, convicts, helps, comforts, transforms and empowers you on your heavenward journey. He is helping you become more like our loving Savior.
Have you ever specifically invited the Holy Spirit into your life? Have you personally experienced Him “making effectual what has been wrought out by the world’s Redeemer”?
Why not start earnestly pleading for a daily baptism of the Holy Spirit? Invite Jesus to live in and work through you, via His Spirit, and give Him access to every area of your life.
- Pray that God will help you better understand the biblical teaching of the Godhead and the baptism of the Holy Spirit as well as a deeper understanding of the personal nature of the Holy Spirit’s work.
- Pray for Holy Spirit power to achieve victory over hereditary and cultivated tendencies to sin.
- Pray that you would be a faithful steward of your time and your tithe. Even though times are difficult the Bible tells us that those who honor God, He will honor (1 Sam. 2:30).
- Pray for a sweet spirit of unity among the General Conference session delegates, that will transcend any differences of opinion. Pray that all delegates will humbly accept any outcomes, even if they may not be in accordance with personal desires.
- Pray the prayer of Jesus in John 17 for all of us to be one in unity. For fulfilled marriages, harmonious families and churches, all under the will of God.
Join 24/7 United in Prayer
Join other believers from around the world praying together on Zoom during the 40 Days of Prayer: https://247unitedprayer.org