A Reflection of Jesus’ Character
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. – Galatians 5:22-23
As you receive the Spirit of Christ—the Spirit of unselfish love and labor for others—you will grow and bring forth fruit. The graces of the Spirit will ripen in your character. Your faith will increase, your convictions deepen, your love be made perfect. More and more you will reflect the likeness of Christ in all that is pure, noble, and lovely. . . . This fruit can never perish, but will produce after its kind a harvest unto eternal life. – Christ’s Object Lessons, p. 67-68
The Spirit leads us to Jesus. And as we abide in Jesus through a daily filling of the Holy Spirit, He will develop in us a character that reflects each day a little more the selfless, self-sacrificial, loving character of our Savior. It is a transformational process of a lifetime. Just like a mango does not appear an hour after the seed has been planted but takes its time to grow into a tree that eventually bears fruit, so also the work of sanctification is a process that takes time. But rest assured that through abiding in Christ and faithfulness to His Word every aspect of the fruit of the Spirit will become evident in your life, not one will be missing!
Have you let the Holy Spirit grow His fruit in you? Are there some ways you have been resisting the growth of the fruit of the Spirit in your life? Is it your desire to reflect Jesus more and more until all that people see is His character of love in you?
- Pray for God to develop in you the fruit of the Spirit – every aspect of it.
- Pray that God would show you if there are specific areas in your life where you have resisted the Spirit’s work.
- Pray for forgiveness if you have grieved the Spirit.
- Pray for the thousands of ethnic groups around the world, that make up 69% of earth’s population, that have not yet had a clear presentation of Jesus. Pray for new innovative ways to reach them.
- Pray for Mission to the Cities initiatives around the world. Examples of some special projects underway are Calcutta, India, Tokyo, and Japan where our work faces major challenges. Pray for the teams who are working diligently in these locations.
Join 24/7 United in Prayer
Join other believers from around the world praying together on Zoom during the 40 Days of Prayer: https://247unitedprayer.org