Pray and Watch Heaven Move
“As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me.” Ps. 55:16-18
“Prayer is a heaven-ordained means of success. Appeals, petitions, entreaties, between man and man, move men and act a part in controlling the affairs of nations. But prayer moves heaven… Prayer, faith, confidence in God, bring a divine power that sets human calculations at their real worth—nothingness… He who places himself where God can enlighten him, advances, as it were, from the partial obscurity of dawn to the full radiance of noonday.” In Heavenly Places, p. 75
What is the most impossible thing that you are praying God will do? Is it to bring reconciliation between you and someone you love? Is it to restore a broken marriage, or bring a child back to the faith? Write down several impossible prayers on your heart today, and then beside those prayers, write down specific promises from God’s Word. Start by claiming the following promises: Mark 10:27, Luke 18:27, 1 John 5:14
We praise the Lord that God has already used this COVID-19 pandemic to bring reconciliation between many, and we know God is longing to work the same miracle of healing for many more.
Day 31 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for our church members across the different countries of Africa, the islands of the Caribbean, and the countries of central and south America as they are fighting the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Pray for those in your own church and community who are being impacted by the financial crisis. Pray that their needs would be met.
- Pray for a generous heart to share if you happen to be someone with extra resources. Pray that we as a church family would stand together with our brothers and sisters in need.
- Pray that God would take us deeper in our devotional time with Him, not just to gain help and blessings, but that our greatest desire would be to truly know Him.
- Pray that church members worldwide will take advantage of this time to eagerly share spiritual resources, the It Is Written “Hope Awakens” series, or other spiritual food with neighbors and friends in need.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, Steps to Christ, chapter 11, “The Privilege of Prayer” - Attached
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!