Pray for Deliverance
“I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto Him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encampeth around about them that fear him, and delivereth them.” Ps. 34:4-7
“We have too little faith. We limit the Holy One of Israel. We should be grateful God condescends to use any of us as His instruments. For every earnest prayer put up in faith for anything, answers will be returned. They may not come just as we expected; but they will come—not perhaps as we have devised, but at the very time when we need them most.” Gospel Workers 1892, pg. 51 (GW92 51.1)
Perhaps as you look around your social circle you see some that are really struggling in their faith. Why don’t you think about some practical ways to share faith with a brother or sister in need. Perhaps share a good book (or recommend a good book) that builds faith like “A Thousand Shall Fall” or “One Miracle after Another.” When we see how God has worked miracles in the lives of others, we can have confidence for our own life today. Or perhaps write a card with some Bible promises and give it to someone in need. If you aren’t sure who to reach out to, ask God and He will show you!
In the Philippines, as a result of this pandemic, hundreds of young people are praying together each day over Zoom, and many hearts are being broken and drawn closer to Jesus. We just praise the Lord for the spirit of prayer growing everywhere. Many are earnestly seeking a deeper understanding of God’s Word as well.
Day 33 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for your local pastor. Pray that God would sustain Him, protect Him, and most importantly, fill Him with am even more abundant outpouring of the Holy Spirit
- Pray for our General Conference church leadership, administrators, departmental directors and staff. Pray for God to give them wisdom as they seek to lead and promote the mission of the church throughout this crisis.
- Pray specifically for Ted Wilson, General Conference president, GT. Ng, secretary, and Juan Prestol, treasurer. Pray for special wisdom for them, protection for their families, and Holy Spirit blessing as they lead us through this crisis.
- Pray for God’s leading for the future of our church. Pray that we would not waste this opportunity to share the love of Jesus and the beautiful truths of Revelation 14 and 18, with the world in need.
- Pray earnestly that the Latter Rain would come as God has promised, so the work could be finished and we could go home. It’s no longer time for business as usual. It’s time to finish the work and get ready to meet Jesus.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, Steps to Christ, chapter 11, “The Privilege of Prayer” - Attached
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!