I Will Go. . . To My Family.
“But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” – 1 Timothy 5:8
“. . . you must be earnest, firm, and decided to do your duty in your family, and take them with you if possible. You should spare no effort to prevail upon them to accompany you on your heavenward journey.” – The Adventist Home, p. 352
We all have immediate or extended family members who have not yet fallen in love with Christ and decided to live faithfully for Him, or they have walked away from God. Maybe some are atheists or have other reasons for their decision. Or maybe they have never had a chance to fully hear, understand and see the gospel in words and actions.
You have a responsibility to do all that is within your power to gently, kindly, and with much wisdom and love reach out to those family members, showing them that you care, and at the right time pointing them to the truth and love of Jesus.
Will you prayerfully do this important work of intercession and ministry to your non-believing/non-Adventist/backslidden family members? Will you commit to be more intentional in your outreach to them?
- GC Family Ministries: During the World COVID-19 Marriage & Family Day of Prayer countless groups around the world had all-night prayer meetings for God to heal their marriages and family relationships and there were many miracles of marriages mended and restored peace in many homes where there was once strife, tension, anxiety and depression.
- Nancy M.: God healed my daughter's family of COVID-19 during this period of 100 Days of Prayer and also strengthened the bond in my family relations.
- Nelda M.: On Sabbath, June 13, we had our first worship after opening up again. During the opening song ‘Don't Forget the Sabbath’ most of us were crying tears of happiness. We also had an unexpected visitor from our neighboring street come and join. He said he fully understands the word of God just from listening to Hope Radio. And he is willing to accept Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. Praise God!
- Hopewell M.: During the 100 Days of Prayer more than 20,000 in Zimbabwe have been reached through cellphone and online evangelism and many are awaiting baptism.
- A church leader: During the lockdown, our church was faithful and returned 143% of our tithe goal.
Day 93 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for your immediate and extended family. Pray for their salvation and for opportunities to share with them your faith, God’s word, and the love of Christ.
- Pray for all Adventist media ministries, relentlessly broadcasting the gospel around the world. Pray for a mighty harvest.
- Pray for business leaders making difficult decisions that affect the lives of their employees during this pandemic.
- Pray for Matthew, a man struggling with addictions, homelessness, and other chains that are keeping him from stepping on the upward way with Jesus. Pray for a breakthrough for him and all precious people who are under the bondage of Satan.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, The Controversy Ended
• Frank Hasel, Making Friends for God
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!