I Will Go. . . To My Friends.
“Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” – John 15:13
“Every church member should feel it his special duty to labor for those living in his neighborhood. Study how you can best help those who take no interest in religious things. As you visit your friends and neighbors, show an interest in their spiritual as well as in their temporal welfare. Present Christ as a sin-pardoning Saviour. Invite your neighbors to your home, and read with them from the precious Bible and from books that explain its truths. This, united with simple songs and fervent prayers, will touch their hearts. Let church members educate themselves to do this work. This is just as essential as to save the benighted souls in foreign countries. While some feel the burden of souls afar off, let the many who are at home feel the burden of precious souls around them and work just as diligently for their salvation.” – Testimonies, Vol. 6, p. 276
Jesus considers you and me His friends. What a wonderful thought! He was willing to lay down His life for our salvation, and He did it even though our acceptance of His gift was not a guarantee.
Do you have friends who don’t know Jesus yet? Or maybe you have been afraid of sharing Christ for fear of losing your friendship?
If Jesus was willing to give His life, yes everything that He is, for the salvation of His friends, shouldn’t we do all we can to encourage our friends on the path to a faithful walk with Jesus?
Ask God in prayer how to best engage in evangelism towards your friends. Ask Him to give you opportunities to share about your faith, Jesus’ love, and how they can experience the saving grace of God as well!
- Anonymous: The Coronavirus pandemic has opened our eyes to the nearness of Jesus return. We thank God for the 100 Days of Prayer. We pray much more now as a family. One day in May we had an awful accident that should have resulted in serious injuries but praise God we all walked away without a scratch! That day we had prayed twice on our journey. God is faithful!
- Ruth A.: I prayed for God to give me an opportunity to witness to my neighbor and He opened a door for me to share Christ. He is sick and started believing in God!
- South Pacific Division Office: Two specific prayers for COVID-19 patients were answered positively. Both men were in extremely critical condition and only a miracle was going to bring them back. Both of the two men recovered!
- Alicia S.: I thank God for the 100 Days of Prayer because through it He has revealed to me all my unconfessed sins, one being selfishness, only focusing on my own problems. Praying every day for others is developing in me a more caring and loving heart.
- Lo R.: I have been praying earnestly for someone to share Jesus with. I prayed that someone would genuinely ask me. Today I visited a business and this lady asked me if I have leaflets to share. I said I have tons. I gave her Steps to Christ, got her number and am hoping for more. This is the first time for me to trust God like that.
Day 95 - Prayer Focus
- Pray for your unbelieving friends. Pray for wisdom to share the gospel with them at the right time.
- Pray for those with mental health challenges who feel isolated, anxious, and helpless.
- Pray for a church in Toronto, Canada, organized especially for the visually impaired, which provides a comfortable place to worship and build friendships. Please pray that this ministry will grow and be repeated in many places.
- Pray for all local church leaders, pastors, as well as conference, union, division, and General Conference administrators and workers. Pray for God to provide wisdom in order to best serve their fields.
Going Deeper: Additional reading suggestions for this week
• Ellen White, The Controversy Ended
• Frank Hasel, Making Friends for God
Visit the We-Pray Online Prayer room or leave your prayer requests below!