Reaching Your Family
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. – 1 Timothy 5:8
“. . . you must be earnest, firm, and decided to do your duty in your family, and take them with you if possible. You should spare no effort to prevail upon them to accompany you on your heavenward journey.” – The Adventist Home, p. 352
We all have immediate or extended family members who have not yet fallen in love with Jesus and decided to live faithfully for Him. Or maybe they once followed Jesus and they have now walked away. Maybe some are atheists or have other reasons for their decision. Or maybe they have never had a chance to fully hear, understand and see the gospel in words and actions.
You have a responsibility to do all that is within your power to gently, kindly, and with much wisdom and love reach out to those family members, showing them that you care, and at the right time pointing them to the truth and love of Jesus.
Will you prayerfully do this important work of intercession and ministry to your non-believing/non-Adventist/backslidden family members? Will you commit to be more intentional in your outreach to them?
- Pray for your family. Are there some members you have struggles with? Pray for them specifically, and for yourself, as you seek ways to minister to them, pointing them to Jesus through your words and actions.
- Pray for the backslidden members of your churches and congregations.
- Pray that God will give your children (or your spiritual children) strength to stand against Satan’s attacks and deceptions. Claim Isa. 49:25 as you pray.
- Pray for the safety and preservation of the faith of your children. Pray that they will catch a fire to be involved in personal mission.
- Pray that God’s spirit will be poured out in a mighty way on the family members of every General Conference leader and staff member.
Join 24/7 United in Prayer
Join other believers from around the world praying together on Zoom during the 40 Days of Prayer: https://247unitedprayer.org