Saved by the Man in White!
by Akey Yao as told to Karen Wintermeyer
Recently an Adventist businessman stopped coming to church. He needed money, so he started working on Sabbath. One day he was involved in a terrible accident on a bridge. He fell off the bridge into the river below. Rescuers sent him to the hospital where he remained unconscious for three days.
As he began to come to, he could hear people talking and was shocked to find himself in a hospital. He asked what had happened to him. The only thing he remembered about the accident was that someone dressed in white had grabbed him out of the water and saved him.
Unfortunately, when he woke up he was totally blind. After eight days in the hospital, the doctors told him, “We can’t do anything more for you here.” His sister came and took him home.
He had been blind for eight days when I went to see him. He told me what had happened and asked me, “How can I could be healed of my blindness?” I responded, “You should go to an eye hospital and have the doctors check you to see if something can be done.” I then encouraged him in the Lord and asked if I could return to visit again. He confessed his sins, and I prayed for his healing.
The next day, I learned that the businessman was able to see again. I visited him to witness God’s miracle and join him in thanking God. To this day, we worship together in our Adventist church.
Akey Yao is a Gospel Outreach worker in Togo, West Africa. Karen Wintermeyer and her husband, Glen, are Gospel Outreach Canada regional directors for West Africa. To view the original article on Gospel Outreach, click here! This story is reprinted with permission.
World Church Prayer Requests
for Jan. 7-14, 2018
• PRAYER REQUEST: This week we start the annual Ten Days of Prayer, which will run January 10-20, 2018. The theme is “Our High Priest.” Pray that we each will come to understand more deeply the role of our heavenly High Priest and what He is currently doing in the heavenly sanctuary. Pray that lives are changed for eternity as church families press together seeking a closer walk with God. It’s not too late to be part of this special life-changing Ten Days of Prayer. To learn more, visit: tendaysofprayer.org
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the many different ministries represented within the Adventist church—both official church organizations and the many vital supporting ministries. Pray for those who lead these ministries, that their lives will be used for God’s glory, and that they would receive an extra outpouring of the Holy Spirit this coming year. (If you can think of specific ministries or church organizations, pray for the leaders by name.)
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray this week for the following General Conference Departmental Directors—that God will give them special wisdom and strength in this New Year:
- Adventist Chaplaincy Ministries, Mario E. Ceballos.
- Children's Ministries, Linda Mei Lin Koh.
- Communication, Williams S. Costa Jr.
- Education, Lisa M. Beardsley-Hardy.
- Family Ministries, Willie & Elaine Oliver.
- Health Ministries, Peter N. Landless.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the multiple Seventh-day Adventist world church media networks who broadcast the gospel throughout the globe. Pray for special wisdom and protection for these avenues of communication, especially in areas where it is becoming more difficult to speak freely of the gospel.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the presidents, directors, and managers of approximately 50 Hope Channel affiliates around the world who are broadcasting the gospel message in 56 languages.