The Impossible Made Possible!
By Nak-Hyung (James) Kim
This past month, Public Campus Ministries leaders in Mongolia planned for what seemed impossible—an evangelistic series for 1,000 youth. Filled with hope, PCM leaders prayed that God would fill the venue with His angels and young people. They also prayed for the Holy Spirit to lead and guide them throughout the week. The praise team practiced one last time before the program was scheduled to begin. Leaders asked for prayer on their Facebook page, "to make impossible things possible, and for miracles to do what they had been prayerfully planning for." The evangelistic series was entitled: "1K PCM/Youth Evangelistic Series ‘Come, Follow Me! – iFollow.’"
On April 30th, the first night of the event, there was visible evidence that God was answering prayers. The place was filling up. A Facebook update declared, "To God be the glory! Continue to pray for us!!" On the 4th night, a miracle happened in Ulaanbaatar. Over 1,000 young people attended the evangelistic meeting; 90 percent were non-Adventists. Over 250 young people walked on stage, declaring their decision to follow Jesus and to live a life of mission and service. On May 4th, the first group of 60 young people descended into the baptismal waters to start a new life with Jesus!
God surpassed expectations, and taught us that with Him, nothing is impossible! According to Pastor Munkh-Orgil Lkhagvaa, this was the largest gathering in Mongolian Adventist history. This amazing work for God will continue in Mongolia. Mongolian Adventism started only in the 1990s, one of the youngest Adventist missions in the world. Currently only 800-1,000 Adventists attend Sabbath services regularly. These young souls will definitely change Adventism in Mongolia.
We thank Pastor Munkh-Orgil Lkhagvaa, the Mongolia Mission PCM/Youth director who organized the event, and the team of PCM Ambassadors who work tirelessly to impart the Word of God throughout Mongolia. Truly God has worked in answer to our united prayers.
Nak-Hyung (James) Kim is Public Campus Ministries Director for the NSD.
World Church Prayer Requests
June 9 - 16, 2019
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please continue to pray for the Total Member Involvement evangelistic meetings that are scheduled to take place across India, June 12-30, 2019. Pray that God prepares the hearts of people, even now, to receive His Word.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Pray for the speakers traveling to India this week for the meetings, that God will give them traveling mercies and work out all the logistical details. Pray that the Holy Spirit would empower and speak through each of them.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the 3rd Global Conference on Health and Lifestyle held in Loma Linda, California, July 9-13. The focus will be on Wholistic Wellness—lifestyle and how it affects the body and brain. Pray that this conference could have long reaching benefits for our entire church.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the General Conference Deaf and Special Needs Ministries, which will be part of the Global Conference on Health and Lifestyle. They will have an additional day of meetings on July 14th in Loma Linda.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the publishing directors attending the World Publishing Houses Workshop in Israel this week. Pray that God will open up new doors for the publication of our materials, that they can spread like the leaves of autumn around the world.
• PRAYER REQUEST: The World Church third quarter Day of Prayer and Fasting is coming up on July 6, 2019. Plan to join this global prayer meeting and pray that many lives will be changed for eternity as a result. (For more information, visit: https://www.revivalandreformation.org/resources/all/prayer-and-fasting-days)