Young People Share their Miracle Stories
“One of my friends was really struggling spiritually under the weight of depression. She also was struggling in her devotional life, and seemed to find Bible study boring and dry. I wanted to help, but I wasn’t sure what to do, so I decided to lift her up to the Lord in prayer for 40 days as I followed the Dennis Smith book, “40 Days: Prayer and Devotions to Revive Your Experience with God.” After nearly 30 days of praying, my friend started to study the Bible again. Not long after, she shared that her walk with God was growing and she really loved studying God’s Word. What a miracle! I then told her that I’d been praying for her, following the 40 Days of Prayer program. She was so happy that she decided to join me in the remaining 10 days of my 40 days of prayer. What a blessing these days of prayer were to both of us, and what an answer to prayer God gave! We just praise the Lord for His goodness.” – Lizeth from Weimar, CA
“My friend asked me to drive them to the airport one day. I thought I had enough gas to make it all the way, but as we were driving I realized that my gas-tank gauge was on empty. Unfortunately, there were no gas stations nearby. I set my car odometer to track the miles, and began charging my phone so that the GPS unit could locate the nearest gas station. It was farther away than I had ever driven on empty before. I was very nervous, but began to pray desperately. “Lord, please help us to get to the gas station so we aren’t stuck beside the road, and so my friend doesn’t miss her plane.” We were four miles from the intended gas station when another gas station came into view. “Why wasn’t this on the GPS?” I wondered. Gratefully, I pulled over and filled the car with gas. As I paid for my gas, the lady at the checkout mentioned that they had only opened the day before. I praised God silently in my heart. I believe He put that gas station there just for me! I don’t think we would have made it to the further station. It may seem small, but it was a big deal for me. God really cares about His children and takes care of their needs.”– Danielle, Ooltewah, TN
“Shortly after I was converted to the Seventh-day Adventist faith, I chose to volunteer as a missionary in a country that it is very closed to Christianity. It was during these three years of volunteer service that I really came to know God’s love personally. It was also during this time that I was privileged to give Bible studies to fellow young adults who had never heard of Jesus. One of those friends was a girl named Natalie.* I prayed earnestly for her as we studied together. She was baptized in March this past year! Providentially, God worked it out for her to come with me to the Generation of Youth for Christ Conference held in Phoenix, Arizona in December. Her conversion was an answer to prayer for me, and the fact that she could come with me to the conference was also a huge miracle.” – Sarah, Sacramento, CA (*Natalie is a pseudonym.)
To download this week's blog and prayer requests, click here!
World Church Prayer Requests
April 8-15, 2018
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for General Conference Spring Meetings that are occurring in Silver Spring Maryland right now. Division and Union leaders from all over the world come together to talk, pray and make plans for the future during this time. Pray for the Holy Spirit to be poured out in a special way and that God will give wisdom for important decisions that need to be made.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the visitors that will be attending your church (and churches all over the globe) on April 14th, 2018. This day is officially called “Friends of Hope Day” or “Visitor’s Day” by the Sabbath School and Personal Ministries department. Pray that visitors will find a warm welcome and most importantly be fed truth that will draw them to the Saviour. Special Sabbath School and Sermon resources are prepared for this day. (To learn more visit: https://www.sabbathschoolpersonalministries.org/april-14-2018)
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the Sabbath School and Personal Ministries Department at the General Conference as they are in the process of preparing materials for a fresh new Sabbath School Curriculum. Pray for Holy Spirit wisdom and guidance for the curriculum writers and editors as these materials, which will train future generations of our youth, are being prepared.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for your local pastor, that God would continue to enable him to preach the Word boldly and with courage. Pray that God will put a shield around his marriage, his children, and his family, protect them from the attacks of the enemy and strengthen them for ministry.
• PRAYER REQUEST: Please continue to pray for the Total Member Involvement events scheduled in Japan (May 4-20, 2018), Zambia (June 8-23, 2018), and the Philippines (July 13-28, 2018). The meetings in Japan are less than one month away, and we are praying earnestly for miracles for this difficult area. Pray for the many Japanese Youth Rush Literature evangelists as they continue going door-to-door, looking for openings to share the gospel.